Facial Plastic SurgeryThe face is one of the first things that people notice about you. It should come as no surprise that patients want it to look youthful and radiant.
Facial plastic surgery is for patients who are looking to improve the appearance of certain parts of their face.
I am a plastic surgeon in Bogota, and I can offer you a wide range of procedures that seek to correct or perfect a specific area of your face. These surgical procedures are minimally invasive and have relatively quick recovery. It all depends on the patient, as no two individuals recover at the same speed or in the same way.
Patients generally seek out facial plastic surgery to give their face a more youthful appearance or to improve the outline of their facial features, like their nose, cheeks, eyes, eyebrows, chin, and ears. Other facial procedures that I offer are facial or forehead lifts and lip augmentation.
These are the procedures I offer:
- Nose surgery: Plastic surgery on the nose can be performed in two ways. My preferred technique, and the one I perform most frequently, is open rhinoplasty. This procedure uses general anesthesia and lasts approximately two hours. I do not perform closed rhinoplasties due to the limitations of working inside the nasal cavity without making exterior incisions. On the other hand, the open technique allows me work on the interior of the nose without any limitations and adequately mold the tip of the nose.
- Cervical or Facial Rhytidoplasty: This procedure generally involves the entire face. The incisions start above the hairline at the temples and then go in front of the ears and underneath the earlobes to the back of the scalp. If I determine that your neck needs to be worked on, then I'll make an incision bellow the chin. In some cases, my patients also need an eyebrow lift. If so, I will make a small incision along the front part of the scalp to reposition their eyebrows.
- Eyelid surgery: This procedure helps hide the signs of aging that appear around the eyes. Before the procedure, I measure and mark your eyelids to determine the exact amount of skin and pockets of fat that I must eliminate. This helps ensure that the outlines of your eyes look natural and that your skin looks youthful and smooth. The incision will be concealed by the eyelids' natural creases. This procedure lasts around 1.5 hours.
- Ear surgery: This procedure, also called otoplasty, is often performed on children ages four to 14, as this is when they start to be bullied at school. During this procedure, I correct position of the patient's ears so they no longer protrude. Otoplasty lasts approximately an hour and has a recovery time of three days. When this procedure is performed on adults, I use local anesthesia, but I typically use general anesthesia on children. This helps keep them still and relaxed during the procedure.
- Facial implants: I perform this procedure on patients who wish to highlight or change the outline of their face. This procedure also is ideal for people who want to improve the symmetry of their face due a receding chin, for example. I also place implants in the mandibular angle or the cheeks to ensure that your face looks natural. The recovery time depends on the implant that is used.
- Eyebrow lift: This procedure can shape your eyebrows and help make your eyes look more expressive. Botox is another technique that has good results on the face. The correct amount of botulinum toxin allows the patient to acquire a more youthful appearance and smoother-looking skin on his or her face.
- Facial Lipoinjection: This is one of the more common procedures that I perform. It's simple and has a short recovery time. Its objective is to increase volume in areas that have been affected by age or weight loss. This procedure can also be used to fill furrows or wrinkles that have gradually left a mark on the patient's face. This procedure is performed with local anesthesia and the patient's own body fat. It is an outpatient procedure and does not require sick leave.